Currently I'm rocking a double blister, one on top of the other so that's pretty cool.
To finish last week a bit, church went well, most of the people we visit go which is a blessing. Sunday night I had to go to the capital for some documental stuff. We stayed in a nice apartment with a nice view.
So this week we have been teaching a lot. At the beginning of the week we let élder Muape say goodbye to people, then we had to say goodbye to him which was so sad, I love him and he was an incredible companion.
One day we walked like an hour and a half on the coast to pick up lunch from a member. They live next to some weird eagle monument #GodBlessAmerica.
I had the most confusing convo of my life, a drunk man after failing to successfully pronounce everything started humming very intensely so that was pretty cool.
We had a conference with all the leaders in the mission in person which was fun. Our chilean mission president and wife made us completos which is traditional chilean food. It was incredible, and made us realize how much more we could be and should be doing. So now after thinking we were already doing everything we are going at it with even more determination and faith. Also urgency because yolo. Afterwards we helped 3 friends get on the covenant path towards baptism with a date.
Our fast and testimony meeting was the most surreal thing. After some incredible testimonies, a marriage we are teaching bore their testimony. The wife started, fainted halfway through, then after a few minutes stood back up and finished testifying. Then her husband testified as the members attender to her.
Last night I went to the capital again to finish the documents so now I'm licensed to live here. Something happened with the exposure on my license photo because it makes me look like the whitest man alive.
Anyways pretty epic stuff. Something cool as a missionary, and a spiritual gift I have worked on is being able to testify without fear. Before my mission I could have never looked anybody in the eyes and told them honestly "this is true, you need to do this, you need to stop this, your life will be better if you do this." Being able to teach with authority and without fear is a powerful experience.
I hope everybody has a nice week. I invited us all to meditate a question with me that I have been meditating. How much faith do I have? We all say we believe, but how much faith do we have? How to demonstrate it? How to develop it? How to test it? If we ask ourselves that question, we will find out. As we say here in Uruguay, toddle pip pip and chip chop cheerio. Nobody says that. Love you.
Love, Elder Jerman
No comments:
Post a Comment